We are looking for a Dental Hygienist to help treat patients and promote good oral health practices.
What do Dental Hygienists do?
Dental Hygienist duties revolve around conducting initial patient screenings, cleaning teeth (e.g. removing plaque) and advising patients on oral health and preventative care. You will also help dentists decide treatments and handle dental emergencies.
Dental Hygienist Skills
As a Dental Hygienist, you should be reliable and able to build trust with patients of all ages. You should have deep knowledge of relevant health and safety rules and a trained eye for oral diseases and anomalies.
- Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination.
- Sterilize dental instruments properly.
- Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history.
- Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries or periodontitis.
- Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride).
- Educate patients of all ages on proper teeth care (by demonstrating, for example, good brushing techniques).
- Give instructions to patients after operations or other dental procedures.
- Take X-rays or dental impressions.
- Assist dentists with selecting appropriate treatments for various diseases (including oral cancer).
- Maintain documentation and charts on each patient.
- Monitor supplies.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience as Dental Hygienist or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession (e.g. HIPAA).
- Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- A patient and friendly personality.
- Attention to detail.
- Stamina to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Degree in Dental Hygiene.
- Valid license to practice.